Friday, December 11, 2009

The house on December 11

The first floor is getting all sealed in. Most of the sheathing (is that the right word? the problem is that every time I blog about the house, Jack is asleep on the couch so I can't ask him any technical questions...) is up. In fact, Jack and his guys are hoping to start putting the second floor deck on tomorrow.


Yep. It snowed last Friday night and then again this Wednesday. This probably won't be the last time Jack is shoveling snow off the deck.


Lauren will grow up in this house. Someday that will hopefully be a blessing to her. But, for now it's just not as exciting for her to go check out the progress on the house. And it was very cold today. She was happy to see her daddy though. And of course he gave her some bites of the pumpkin chocolate chip bread that I brought for Jack and the crew.


Annie, Corban and Jakin standing on what will be the screened-in porch. I was struck last week by the new perspective being up this high offers. It's cool to be able to see the brook in addition to being able to hear it. Can't wait to see the view from the second floor!


We have some interior walls. I walk through my future kitchen and living room in a dream-like state! I know I've said that this is so exciting. It's also weird. It's really happening.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

This is too cool, Mary Beth! So excited for you guys!