Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Day of School

With my sister's wedding in May and our move to the new house in October, I thought we should get started on school a bit earlier this year. We started Tuesday and now have a good, solid week under our belt. It's challenging to plan school and activities for four different age levels and to do so in a way that complements the "rhythm of our house", but I'm very pleased about how last week went. Here we go!

The kids were dressed up because we started the year by going to daily Mass. Then, on to our typical First Day things: donuts, self-portraits and a note for each kid from Dad.


Even Lauren got in on the coloring this year


Annie is still in pre-school, but she is very pleased to have her own math book this year. "Can we please do another page?"


Our 2nd grader


Jakin is beginning 4th grade, which means I am beginning my fifth (!) year of home schooling!

No comments: