Saturday, April 14, 2012

I HAVE DRAWERS!

I know I promised Easter pictures, but those are going to have to wait. There's some exciting stuff going down this week... Jack installed 10 of my kitchen drawers last night! I have been dreaming of putting my utensils and such in their appropriate place in our home since we moved in a year and a half ago. So to do that today was a pleasure.

Staining the drawer boxes


Installing the runners. Lauren doesn't like the noise.


Here come the boxes!


Ta-da!


Lauren wanted to help put things away, one fork at a time.


This is where my utensils have been for the past 17 months, right in the box in which they were moved from our old house. I called this box "the utensil drawer", but it's not really a utensil drawer, is it?


The fake utensil drawer sat on this table many steps away from where anyone might actually need a utensil.


Plates in the drawer. For as large as our kitchen is, we don't have many wall cabinets, so our plates are going to be in a drawer. Unloading the dishwasher was dreamy today. So easy because it's right there.


This stuff one drawer up. I know these pictures are boring to everyone but me. To me, they are quite lovely.


These drawers are so huge that I don't even fill them with what was intended for them.


New utensil and knife drawer. Dividers are coming later, but I'll enjoy taking one step and opening a drawer when I need the carrot peeler for a while.

Thank you, Jack. I'm still enjoying this new thing. I haven't really even moved on to thinking about the next thing yet.

No comments: