Sunday, January 25, 2009

Still waiting...

I am 39 weeks into my pregnancy. I have officially carried this child longer than I carried Annie. And I can't believe I'm still pregnant. Many months ago, I talked big about not being impatient for the birth of this child because I "wanted to get as much separation from Christmas as possible". I thought that some maturity and patience would come with the experience gleaned from three previous pregnancies. No. None of that. I'm impatient. I can't adequately describe the shock and confusion I feel about the fact that I'm still pregnant. Until 6am this morning when I finally admitted the truth to myself, I was absolutely convinced that I was going to have the baby last night, despite the absence of ANY signs that would lead me to such a conclusion. All that said, my body feels OK. I slept pretty well last night. It's just my mind that's totally consumed and often irrational. I need to keep reminding myself that I haven't even reached my due date yet! And I need to chill out. My poor family shouldn't have to deal with my crankiness anymore!

No comments: