Monday, July 13, 2009

Lauren is mobile

At 5 1/2 months, Lauren is really getting around. She can't crawl yet, of course. But, between rolling and ooching, she can cover some considerable distance. In the picture below, she was at one point touching each of the toys.

The rug is a new acquisition from our friends. These are the same friends from whom we purchased a few other pieces of living room furniture. I love the rug. Not only do I love the rug, but I love having a rug again. It's much easier to let Lauren play on the floor. We were watching home videos last night from when we had our old carpet. It didn't seem so bad at the time, but it looked hideous in the video. Jack would say it was so bad at the time. Anyway, after ten years of marriage, we feel fortunate to be collecting some grown up furniture. And check out that beautiful hardwood floor and trim detail! I just so happen to know a good general contractor. Our home renovations are almost complete. We're excited to move on to building our new house. More details on that later.







I always love the eating toes pictures!


Lauren really loves me. Whenever she hears me in the room, she wants to see where I am.

2 comments:

God, My Savior Forever! said...

How exciting for your baby girl..she's discovering a whole new world. I like how you spaced out the toys to encourage her to really go for them! Great idea:D Oh and yes I love the hardwood floors, I would love to have wood floors..we have carpet now but are looking at moving so we'll see.

Nettie Miller said...

Awe, sweet Lauren; growing up too fast for this Grammy but I love the eating the toes too. The rug does look very nice in that rm & I'm glad Lauren has it to save a few of her bumps.