Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It must be summer!


 ... Because THE Bonfire was last weekend!  (If I knew anything about computers, I could link back to my post from last year's Beginning of the Summer Bonfire.  But, since I don't, I won't.)  Started in 2004, this was our 9th year.  Great traditions, great friends, great fun.  We don't measure the beginning of summer by the solstice, but by The Bonfire.

The big boys

The girls are ready for the trip on the tractor to get sticks for roasting marshmallows.  Brandi had a broken arm for this event a few years ago.  This year it was her sister Lainey with the broken wrist.

Aidan wonders if he can go, too?



Up to 13 kids.  Same as last year.  We're all praying that our friends, seeking to adopt a baby from the The Democratic Republic of Congo, will be able to make this group a group of 14 for next year.
 Campfire will burn!  And another summer begins!

No comments: