Sunday, August 24, 2008

My flower child



Annie loves flowers. Her pathetic mother hasn't planted any at our house, but we can pick them at our CSA. Each week when we go to pick up our veggies, we slowly make our way down to the pick your own field, and I cut the flowers and hand them to Annie. She insists on carrying them home, clutching them so tightly in the car that half of them are wilted by the time we get home. Then I get out the vase and cut the stems. She fills the vase with water, pulls off the leaves, arranges the flowers and proudly carries the vase to the table. It's sweet. We're house-hunting, so I don't know where we will be living next spring. But, when we settle in somewhere, Annie and I are going to have to plant some flowers. Oh, by the way, when I was taking this picture I was asking her to smile. On every take, she replied, "I am". So, this was the best I could get!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's MY girl! - Grammy