Sunday, December 21, 2008

Annie skiing

The day of our family Christmas was idyllic in Massachusetts. There was a light snow falling all day. The perfect day to get outside. And since we were having Christmas that day, we hadn't made any other plans to either leave the house or to work at the house. Jack worked on the hockey rink and the boys started piling up snow for a snow cave. Annie skied. She and I did a few laps in the front yard, with her skiing in my tracks. She did great, balancing well and seeming to get the idea of which ski needed to move at a certain time in order to both move along and not fall. We have a very slight incline in the front yard and Annie could see me moving in a way that seemed different and faster than the shuffling she was doing behind me. After observing this a few times, Annie stopped and asked, "Mom, how do I go?" Enough of this shuffling business, I want to ski!





No comments: