Monday, October 25, 2010

5 days to go...

Ok, this is going to be fun. We move in five days. The mountains that need to be moved in that time in order for our move to be possible are colossal. Each day of this week I hope to offer a photo countdown as we prepare for the big day. Enjoy! And you might as well laugh with us.

We have the tremendous blessing of having my mother- and father-in-law here with us this week. Jim will spend an exhausting week at the house with Jack. Nettie is preparing meals and helping me with the kids as I pack and run back and forth to the house. Pictured below is the one bathroom that will be ready on moving day. As of this morning there was nothing. No toilet, no sinks, no tile, no doors, no vanity, no countertops... you get the idea. Jim got a good jump on the shower tile today.


Among other things, Jack primed three bedrooms and our master closet.


This is our living room - the room I hope will be my sanctuary (in 5 days). The "finished" room. We are still messing with the tint in the plaster for the walls. It's going to be a roll of the dice - no more time for samples - but I think we've got it.


Part way through on tinting the plaster in our bedroom


Right now we have two toilets - both in the basement. The trick is to make sure you use the one that is hooked up to plumbing.


FIVE DAYS! Well, now it's four. See you tomorrow!

No comments: