Thursday, October 21, 2010

Update on the house

To see these pictures, one would think we are on a good pace to move in to the house by the first of the year. But, we move next Saturday. Exciting? Yes! Overwhelming? Yes!

This is the view upstairs at the top of the steps looking into our bedroom. I love love love that there are windows at the end of that view. So welcoming and comfortable, I think.


The girls check out their newly sheet-rocked bedroom. Their reaction? Squeals of delight and much running in circles.


The kitchen and dining rooms. Annie is standing at the door of the pantry. (I think the spots on the picture are from the dust?)


And.... all of Jack's (and the boys') hard work over Labor Day weekend to put in our lawn paid off. We have real grass in the yard. So much that Jack has actually had to mow it.


I have, well, adjusted my expectations. Gone, for example, are my visions of moving my silverware from its home at our current house, so the perfect drawer designed specifically for silverware in the new house. But, Jack assures me that we will have the basics: heat (propane tank and boiler arrived today), one bathroom (which still has nothing in it, but Jack seems confident), kitchen appliances (but no counter-tops or cabinets), doors (at least temporary ones), electricity and running water. The rest will come in time. I'm OK with all of that. Jack couldn't be working any harder than he is, so the house is just going to be what it is. And even though all of our thoughts and efforts have been directed in the direction of our house for so long, it still seems surreal that we will be living there in a little over a week. Until then, there are boxes to pack! And walls to plaster! And windows to hang! And.... and..... and.....

No comments: