Thursday, August 25, 2011

And some days.....

.... your 8-year old gets a Lego stuck up his nose!

No surprise that the first one of our children to get something stuck up his nose was Corban.

Even though I suspect that Corban was just trying to be silly for the friend that the boys had over, we parents still ask, "What were you thinking?" Of course we never get a satisfactory answer to that question. I don't know why we ask. I guess it's just something we must do. Maybe it's the same for 8-year olds and Legos up their nose. Something they must do.

I'm sure Corban didn't intend for the Lego to get stuck. But stuck it got. Really stuck. So far in there that neither Jack nor I could see it for a while. Corban's attempts to pick it out with his finger only shoved the Lego in further. Many parents would have their child at the emergency room to take care of this kind of mishap. Not Jack Miller's son. I think Jack thrives on opportunities to be an amateur surgeon. This Lego looked like it might have even Jack Miller beat for a while. But, after a bit of probing, Jack succeeded in removing the Lego, much to the relief of Corban (and his mother) who was starting to get uncomfortable.


In our household distribution of labor, most jobs that involve tweezers - tick, splinter, or Lego removal - fall to Jack. I think we're both happy with that arrangement. I'll be the one who takes pictures of the procedure.


Got it!


No comments: