Sunday, August 14, 2011

NYC

Jack's brother and sister-in-law have lived in Brooklyn since last October. We had to go visit, right?! (Actually, I had the idea that taking 5 kids to the city would be too difficult. But, after my sister-in-law drove in to the city by herself with her two young kids, we decided that we could do it, too. So, thanks Becky!) We took a quick sprint trip a few weeks ago and tried to make the most of our 2 days in the city.

Coney Island boardwalk


Our wonderful tour guides! It was so fun to be with David and Amy and they were incredibly helpful in getting us around. Successfully shuffling a family of 5 kids through the NYC subway system is no small feat! I didn't see too many other families with 5 kids on the subway....


Waiting for our harbor boat cruise. The Statue of Liberty is in the distance behind us.


On the 86th floor of the Empire State Building! Gaaaaa! I was not at all comfortable with my kids looking through these bars. In fact, I was not at all comfortable with this part of our trip until my feet were firmly back on the ground of the sidewalk outside the ESB.


Notice I have Aidan strapped firmly to my chest. I'm quite sure he would have somehow fallen if he hadn't been attached to me. I would have had all five kids attached to me if I could have. So, yeah, I don't like heights.

Lower Manhattan in the background... 86 floors down....


Great trip. So glad we went. But, I'm a country girl!

No comments: