Monday, May 14, 2012

A family wedding weekend


From my in-laws' house, we continued on to my cousin's wedding.  (Pay attention... weddings are going to be a theme this summer...)  We hadn't been with my Dad's extended family for about a year, so it was nice to be with them all again and to introduce Aidan to them.  In fact, the last time I saw my Ruble aunts, uncles, and cousins was at my sister's wedding exactly a year ago today when it was quite obvious that I was about to give birth.  Back to the 2012 cousin wedding.... one of the best parts of getting together with extended families is that my kids love to play with my cousins' kids.  I grew up having so much fun with my cousin Jenni, and now our kids have a blast together.  That's so cool!  Lauren and Keira are pictured above, and Annie is with Kylie below.

 I very much wish that I could see these two little guys more often.  My nephews Thomas and Josiah live in Michigan so we only see them a few times a year.  This visit was short, but we'll take what we can get!

Although Josiah is 2 1/2 months younger than Aidan, he runs circles around his older cousin.  Josiah wants to walk and walk and walk, while Aidan has no interest.

They really are handsome boys....

Annie and Aidan on the dance floor.  

Lauren and Aidan.  The girls danced and danced and danced.  The boys could not be dragged out on to the dance floor.  sigh.  They've grown up enough to be self-conscious, or maybe it's just not cool anymore.  I don't know, but Jack and I had a blast with the girls and Aidan.  We talked about how dancing with a three- and six- year old girl is what makes wedding receptions fun.  It wasn't nearly as fun when it was just Jack and I out there trying to look like we could dance.

Everyone but one cousin made it to celebrate Dana's wedding

The number of people in this group has increased in the last year.

And a smaller group than the last two pictures, but not such a small group...

And then there's Jack and I, married for 13 years!  


No comments: