Sunday, May 27, 2012

This and that for May


 Just some random pictures from May...

It has taken many years for my Corban to voluntarily pick up a book and read it.  He does it now and it's wonderful.  In related news, on Thursday, he and I finished his reading textbook.  We started that book four years ago and many tears have been shed along the way (by both of us).  Perhaps I should have changed course at some point, but I won't get into that now.  The point is that we finished the book, Corban can read, and he enjoys reading.  Success.

My dear husband bought me a HUGE rimmed baking sheet.  I can fit the entire double batch of granola on it.  The kids come running when I make granola.  They grab at some every time I take it out of the oven to turn it.  But, I started out writing about the sheet pan.  I love it.  And I love that it fits in my oven.

"A man's gotta do what I man's gotta do..."  When we came back from our Ohio travels, we discovered that a rat had taken up residence under our chicken coop.  It wasn't bothering the chickens, just eating their food; but we didn't want it hanging around.  This was a great excuse for Jack to pull out the BB gun.  It's always more fun to shoot at a moving target, right?  I don't think that the rat was ever hit, but it didn't stick around.

My big boy turned 11 this month.  Geesh.  I read this quote recently:  "The days may be long, but the years are most certainly short, so enjoy the time we have".  That is so true.  

Jakin's present from us - a back pack for the annual Adirondack backpacking trip.

Mother's Day


My three handsome sons.  This picture is already a favorite.  How blessed we are.

No comments: