Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring!

After waking up to the coldest morning we've had since November on Tuesday, the last two days have been glorious. Sunny and warm. And even people who enjoy winter (like our family) have to love days like this. We probably didn't do as much school as we should have but we've lived in New England long enough to know that spring isn't here yet. We can catch up on school for the rest of March and April when it's cold and raining. On days like these, we just had to be outside.

The boys had each built a snow fort last week. The game yesterday was to throw snow balls at the other's fort and try to knock it down while attempting to protect your own fort from the barrage of snow balls that one boy can unleash. It was funny to watch how serious the boys went at both the offense and the defense of this game.




The girls, and Aidan, and I hung out by the brook yesterday


Lauren is big enough to go higher on the rope swing this year


Today was even warmer than yesterday. We had lunch on the porch. Aidan sat in the exersaucer for about an hour and a half. I just kept giving him food and he just kept eating and jumping. He was very happy. And I was very happy. He was especially excited about the apple slice I let him gnaw on.





I don't usually end up IN any of our pictures. Here's the closest thing I have for now. Me and my little guy. And the sack of potatoes attached to my leg? I don't know what that bump on my right leg is....




No comments: