Saturday, February 21, 2009

What Not To Say

Ok, so here's the story....

I fed Lauren last night at 10 and got to bed around 10:30pm. She was up at 1, 2:30 and 4, each time for a half an hour. Then she slept until 7, which, admittedly, is sleeping in for Lauren. I was exhausted. Lauren is typically up twice, but that extra time of being awake did me in. While feeding Lauren at 7, I asked Jack for some help. Either to sleep in or to get a nap sometime today. Jack responded, (pay attention, here it is.....) "You slept from 9-7. Why are you tired?"

Silence.

Cold, hard stare at Jack.

"Are you kidding?!"

I do NOT consider waking up at 1, 2:30 and 4 for a half an hour each time "sleeping from 9-7." (Jack thought I fell asleep on the couch with him at 9, but I started watching a movie until 10. In his defense, I could have gone to sleep at 9.) Actions do speak louder than words though. Jack got up with Annie and Lauren and I slept until 9am this morning. And he made French toast for breakfast. All is forgiven.

No comments: